With “pie day” just around the corner (3.14), we thought we would list our favorite spots to get some great pie in Asheville and the surrounding towns.
Here’s our Top 5
- True Confections – Fresh ingredients and big pies. Love the smell of True Confections and the smile of Carole. Located in the historic Grove Park Arcade, True Confections knows how to bake.
Our favorite: The classic Apple Pie
- Well Bred – Both the Weaverville and the Biltmore Village locations serve up some beautiful pies and tasty pastries….plus pretty darn good sandwiches.
Our favorite: Key Lime Pie
- Baked Pie Company – With two locations in Asheville, you can’t go wrong with the Baked Pie Company. Ask about their pie flights.
Our favorite: Blueberry Crumb Pie
- Buxton BBQ Hall – While Buxton gets a lot of attention for it’s BBQ fare, save some room for their fresh baked pies. Outstanding!
Our favorite: Local Peach Pie
- Smoke Signals – In the hills of Marshall, a small bakery — with a very special wood-burning oven and a holistic approach is worth the drive. The owner Tara also offers workshops which book up fast.
Our favorite: Apple Pie